Another reason to only consume certified organic food and use only certified organic products.
It is important to note that certified organic products are not permitted to contain MSG or MSG derivatives or any ingredients that produce MSG. Just about all conventional packaged and processed foods contain MSG and Corn Syrup. MSG can literally make anything taste good, but at what cost?
So what does MSG do to our body and what exactly is it?
MSG (monosodium glutamate) is an excitotoxin which causes rapid and excessive firing of the brain cells leading to the death of those cells. Labellers on products have become quite savvy and they no longer write MSG on the labels. 40 different ingredients contain the chemical monosodium glutamate (processed free glutamic acid).
Low fat and no fat milk products often contain milk solids that contain MSG and many dairy products contain carrageenan, guar gum, and/or locust bean gum. Low fat and no fat ice cream and cheese may not be as obvious as yogurt, milk, cream, cream cheese, cottage cheese, etc., but they are not exceptions. A lot of protein powders and protein bars contain glutamic acid, which, invariably, will be processed free glutamic acid (MSG).
If you wish to buy packaged or processed foods, only buy Certified organic products as they do not allow for the inclusion of any MSG in the ingredients. MSG is now, for the most part, not listed as MSG on the labels but instead goes under so many different names that most people will never recognise.
Names of ingredients that always contain processed free glutamic acid (MSG):
- Glutamic acid (E 620)2
- Glutamate (E 620)
- Monosodium glutamate (E 621)
- Monopotassium glutamate (E 622)
- Calcium glutamate (E 623)
- Monoammonium glutamate (E 624)
- Magnesium glutamate (E 625)
- Natrium glutamate
- Anything “hydrolyzed”
- Any “hydrolyzed protein”
- Calcium caseinate, Sodium caseinate
- Yeast extract, Torula yeast
- Yeast food, Yeast nutrient
- Autolyzed yeast
- Textured protein
- Whey protein
- Whey protein concentrate
- Whey protein isolate
- Soy protein
- Soy protein concentrate
- Soy protein isolate
Basically ANYTHING PRE-PACKAGED, UNLESS CERTIFIED ORGANIC WILL CONTAIN MSG AND CORN SYRUP – both highly dangerous to our health so the best option is to avoid all processed and packaged foods.The majority of corn now grown around the world is also genetically modified but that’s a story for another day.
Certified Organic does not allow for any chemicals, pesticides, insecticides, artificial flavours, colours, synthetic anything or GMO ingredients. Certified organic products are as nature intended them to be.
Simple tips for health and wellness:
- Eat only certified organic food – go to the markets. You eat much less when it’s certified as your body receives the nutrients it needs.
- Use only certified organic products on your body and on your skin and change to safe products in your home (divinebytheresekerr.com), (www.koraorganics.com)
Certified organic isn’t more expensive….
In relation to food, you eat so much less because your body isn’t starved of nutrients. In relation to products, they are much more concentrated and you use less.
- Educate yourself and your family.
- Purchase Bill Statham’s The Chemical Maze.
- When you now know what you know – share it as together we can make a massive difference to future generations, our planet and what’s possible for all.