Real- Life Forrest Gump Barclay Oudersluys is making headlines in the US and around the globe, as he attempts to run across the country in 100 days, ( just like character did in the movie). We recently caught up with Barclay whilst on the road, to find out what inspired him to participate in such an incredible undertaking and how he is raising money along the way, to support an amazing charity.
1. Tell us what inspired you to run across the United States?
2. What challenges have you faced on the journey so far?
3. What has been your biggest success or triumph since you began running?
I wouldn’t say there’s been a single big success. It’s more like a bunch of very small successes. Each time I head out and each section I run, I count that as a win and get one step closer to finishing.
4. What’s up next for you, after you’ve completed this challenge?
5. Finally what advice can you offer to people out there who have a goal or dream, yet don’t know where to begin?
I’m not sponsored by Nike but just do it. The toughest part is getting started but once you’re past that things start to fall into place.
Barclay hopes to raise $10,000 to support the Step Foundation, which fights poverty by improving help. You can help him reach his goal, by making a donation here.